Monday, January 5, 2009

Bike Crazy


I am aching to go riding! Vancouver has been covered in a thick, damp blanket of grey shite since the 13th of December.

I spent the afternoon wandering down to the book store with Abe, my little dog, where I was going to drop him off with Michelle. Along the way we stopped in to La Bicicletta to admire the Eddy Merckxes and the $1,400 wheelsets, etc. (Abe spent the whole time trying to will an employee to give him his tempura--to no avail). I am mainly interested in the LXM I think it's called. Full carbon, made in Belgium at the Merckx factory. Campagnolo everything--Veloce or something 105 like--but really, am I going to complain about Campy? Anyway, it's more likely that I'll buy the frameset and build it up with my own parts. It's that or I have to sell the KHS 900.

Oh right though. I was also thinking that it might be a better idea to keep the 900 and build it up first, before dropping two big ones on the Merckx frameset. Dura-ace crankset, new drivetrain, and a Mavic Cosmic wheelset of some description. Any way, I win.

Next week I get my stationary trainer. I am going to borrow a fan from work and try to do an hour every other evening. I'll put up photos of the trainer and the bike next week.

5 comments: